Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My favorite tool

Not sure what to write about today so I thought that I would blog about one of my favorite kitchen tools. It's called the Vidalia Onion chopper. It's one of those "As Seen on TV" items. I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond and used a 20% off coupon. It ended up costing me $16 dollars. I use it ALL THE TIME.


It chops anything and everything. Quickly, easily and without tears (for onions). I can dice (both fine medium) pretty much anything in seconds. I even use the fine dice feature for garlic. It saves me so much time during prep, that I can get many 30 minute meals completed in 20 minutes :)

Here are some pictures:







If you cook AT ALL, I definitely recommend you get one.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

That looks like something I would use practically every day. Thanks for the tip!

Lucy said...

Thanks for the tip, I cook from time to time and appreciate anything that will speed up the process.

On another note: I'm liking your new 3 column look!!!

Jamie said...

I've seen that gadget and now I may have to get it. I love things that speed up my time in the kitchen.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am giving you a blog award. Stop by my site to pick it up.

Hit 40 said...

Very fun!!! I always wonder if these gadgets really work. Consumer Reports tested the snuggy blanket. It pretty much falls apart after a few washes!!