Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Latin Jam

I love nights like tonight.

I went to an AMAZING Latin Jam class. The class was packed. SIX of my friends came to the class. There were at least 30 people there. When the class is that big, the energy changes. Every one pushes a little more, tries a little harder, dances more "balls out".

I like to stand in the front. I can see what the teacher is doing much better than if I was in the back, and I CAN'T slack because the teacher, and everyone else, would notice. Tonight, I sweated so much that the sweat got in my eyes and made my eyes sting!!

The first time I looked up at the clock, half an hour had already gone by. The next time I looked up, 55 minutes had elapsed. To me, that is the PERFECT workout. One where I don't feel like I'm working out. According to multiple websites, Zumba burns about 400-600 calories an hour! I would have to say that these Latin Jam classes burn AT LEAST 500-700 calories an hour!

Afterwords, a couple of us went to Starbucks for coffee/dinner. My "dinner" consisted of a Caramel Machiato, and I was even able to stay away from the pastries.

One day, I will take a video and post it up here. Until then, if you are in the LA area, check out a Latin Jam course.

www.latinjam.net

2 comments:

Lucy said...

You seem to love these classes and they sound like fun. I doubt they will make it out to the Midwest anytime soon, Oh darn (lol)

Olga said...

I love everything Latin. You should try salsa dancing: you'll be hooked :)