Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not a Princess

I am definitely not a princess.

You know how I know? I have been laying on a piece of popcorn for the last 20 minutes and never even felt it!! The monkeys and I watched the second half of Bedtime Stories (which we LOVED) in my bed and I allowed them to eat a bowl of popcorn in my bed. Silly me to think that they wouldn't get it all over the place just because I was holding it.

Sigh!!

I had a packed weekend (and sadly it doesn't look to be letting up in the next couple of weeks) but today friend's called and asked if I wanted to get a massage. Since my in-laws were over (with the monkeys' cousin) I jumped at the chance (they were going to hang out with the monkeys anyways). I got the most amazing 1.5 hour massage at one of those "foot massage" places. The reason "foot massage" is in quotes is because it is actually a full body massage (get your minds out of the gutter). You are in a big room with many massage sofas and they give you a massage right there. You keep your clothes on (but wear loose clothing) and the massage is over your clothes.

The best part - it's $20/hour!!! Today's was pretty darn awesome. Afterwards we went to Pho next door. This was the best 3 hours I've spent in a while - a great massage and then laughs with friends!!

I'm still exhausted but a little more mentally awake.

5 comments:

LL said...

1. You are a princess. That is not proof of absence. If the kernel wouldn't have popped and would have remained intact, it would have been hard as a pea and you surely would have felt it. Thus assuring yourself if not the rest of us of your status as a princess.

2. A massage with your clothes on and "no happy ending"? What sort of massage is that? I mean, what's the point? Where's the real fun?

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I was wondering if you might be willing to mention my raffle/fundraiser. I would NOT ask if it wasn't for a great cause. Plus, there are over 90 donated prizes to win totaling over $3000.00! And who doesn't like to win??

It's really a win-win for everyone. People get to help me meet my fundraising goal AND potentionally win big.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE clickover and enter my raffle!! You can truly win TONS OF PRIZES (totaling over $3000.00 - gift crds, Starbucks coffee maker, $600 in camping equipment, gorgeous jewelry and more).

http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

6 years ago my Dad received a new heart.

This is my way of giving back.
Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Lucy said...

What more can a mom ask for popcorn in her bed and a massage!!!

Kirsten said...

I'm so insanely jealous. Sounds fantastic.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

LL - It was short notice, I took what I could get ;)

Lucy - Um, how about a man to feed me that popcorn in bed?

Kirsten - Before this past month I hadn't even gotten a massage once in the past +1 year. It takes friends who MAKE you get out of the house to do that.