Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Zumba

Two of my friends have recently done something called Zumba.

Wikipedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumba
Youtube shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p2lEYMlDuc

I've been doing "treadmill with a smidgen of elliptical" and getting pretty bored. With all the dance classes my kids take, I've been getting the dancing bug. I haven't REALLY taken a dance class since I was 18! I've half-heartedly began looking to see if anyone had classes after 8pm! I put the kids down at 8pm and can be out of the house by 8:25 (usually).

After hearing about how great Zumba was,I realized there is a studio 4 blocks from my house, next to the kids Taekwondo, that advertises Zumba. Lo and behold, there's an 8:30pm class on Tuesday nights!!!!! So, I went tonight.

WOW! What a workout - I was drenched afterwords. I am looking forward to going back.

Best of all - I held my own. Apparently, everyone else has been taking for months. The instructor thought I had taken Zumba class somewhere else before coming here. I was really pleased. I will take Zumba again - and yes I do like saying Zumba :)

Frugal count:
Brought my lunch - saved on lunch
Trial Zumba class - $10 +$1 for water
Net = my savings for lunch paid for Zumba.

No comments: