Friday, November 7, 2008

Good friends

So, I have to give a shout out to this amazing couple I know. In the past year, we have become amazing friends. The kind of friends that you feel like you've known forever, and that will be there for you, FOREVER! The kind I am blessed to know (yes, I can be sappy as well as sarcastic). They can be over-bearing and always think they're right, but guess what???? So do I!!! To them I say - thank you (they know for what) :)

Anyways, I met them tonight for happy hour (I was only planning on staying 1 hour - honest) at a great sushi place. This place has a wonderful happy hour until 7pm, and after 9pm.

Bistro Ka is one of those places with great ambiance even though it's in a mall (but a very nice mall). The sushi is 1/2 price, but we usually get:

Spicy Tuna and Avocado with Crispy Chips - really good usually, but tonight had too many big chunks of onion.
Crab Cakes - just crab, no filler, amazing sauce
Chilean Sea Bass with Mushrooms - first time getting this (it's a special) but the mushrooms and sauce were wonderful (the sea bass was just good)

The happy hour appetizers are less than $6 and the portions are quite good (except for the Chilean Sea Bass - smaller potion and $8). The draft beers are $3 as is the sake!!

A good, fun place to go that won't break the bank! And in the lounge - we always talk to the most random people - tonight was politics with the table next to us (and it didn't turn into a shouting match - yay!)

No comments: