Thursday, November 13, 2008

Once in a while I rock

One of my favorite blogs is http://www.wombattheinnsane.com/

Today she had a really interesting post. What I got from the post is that as moms, and women, we tend to put ourselves down, and/or make fun of ourselves. So, she wants her readers to make a list of things we like/love about ourselves.

So I started thinking! And thinking! And realizing that I have 2 daughters, and I have a responsibility to them! A responsibility to show them the way - the way to become strong women. And not just by having strong actions - but by having strong feelings! And not just about the outside things that happen - but about the inside women that they will be/are. Because people will try to knock them down (it's inevitable) - but if they love the people they are and believe in themselves, those naysayers/nay doers will not stand a chance!

So, without further ado:

I am kind
I am empathetic
I have 2 amazing daughters that I am raising to also be kind and empathetic
I love to cook
I love to laugh, and laugh often
I am a good friend
I am a loyal friend
I am a voracious reader
I don't usually give up on things/people that I am passionate about
I have a GREAT sense of humor
I am in the best shape of my life

OK - I'm done. It was very hard not to give myself "back-handed" complements. I should work on that ;) Oddly enough - I do feel better about myself just by listing out my good points.

I challenge other bloggers to do the same thing on their sites and link back to http://www.wombattheinnsane.com/


Wombattheinnsane

2 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Kudos's to you for patting yourself on the back.
Nice post.

Unknown said...

Right on with this post!! Love it - that's what it's all about lady...