Sunday, November 1, 2009

Yummy!

After Friday and Saturday, I have had absolutely no energy today. Of course, that didn't stop me from yelling at the monkeys every five minutes!

We went to the park late this afternoon and the little monkey skinned her knee. As we were driving home, I looked down at the clock and saw that it was 5:30pm. I realized that all the monkeys had all day was two bites of omelet and pita sandwiches (one with cream cheese, one with peanut butter) to eat (well, aside from the mass amounts of candy).

So, what did I do? Did I go home and make them a nutritious meal, complete with fruits, vegetables and protein??? Heck no!!! We drove through McDonald's, where I stole two of the little ones chicken nuggets, 1/3 of the big ones hamburger and had my own fries! I LOVE chicken nuggets and fries!!!

The monkeys thought I was the best mom ever -all the yelling was erased, and the boo-boo forgotten (at least for a few minutes). McDonald's really can be a magical place :)

No comments: