Friday, November 20, 2009

Don't Be Afraid to Ask

In the past month or so I have gotten some great deals. I do look at coupon websites and blogs, but sometimes it is just a matter of asking the right questions:



  • A friend of mine showed me her Promenade (it's an outdoor mall) discount card. She explained to me that her HR department handed them out to everyone. So I called the management company of the Promenade, and asked about getting these cards for our company. I was told that it was too close to the New Year but that they would keep me in mind for next year. About a week later, I received a call asking if some of our management would like to eat for free at a restaurant about to open in the mall (they needed guinea pigs to rate service, food, etc...). We had a great lunch for 3 for the price of a tip. I also received an email for a new nail salon opening up there. I paid $16 for a manicure and pedicure.

  • I went to my gym/spa for waxing. They were having a special where a series of 12 services was 40% off. So I asked if they'd be willing to split the 12 up in to 6 of one service and 6 of another service. At first the girl wasn't sure but I gently prodded her to try, and the transaction went through.

I often forget but situations like this help me remember. It never hurts to ask for a better deal!

No comments: