As the big day approaches, and I am in the middle of planning my cooking schedule, I want to take the time out to say what I am thankful for.
- I am thankful for my parents - they are alive and kicking. They taught me to never be afraid and to always work my hardest. That anything is attainable, even through adversity.
- I am thankful for America - my parents brought us to this country, a country where they didn't even know the language, when I was almost 5 years old. We left a country where it was not OK to believe in a certain religion, or say whatever you wanted. A place where democracy did not exist. I truly believe that living in America, knowing that I have the right to pursue happiness, and that I am truly free, is the reason I am who I am.
- I am thankful for my children - they are healthy (knock on wood), happy and well adjusted. They wake up with smiles on their faces and have been known to laugh in their sleep.
- I am thankful for my children's' grandparents - they have 4 grandparents who love them unconditionally and are always there for them to talk on the phone, take them to Chuck E Cheese or go on vacation with them.
- I am thankful for having a job. In today's economy there are many smart, talented people who are struggling to find work.
- I am thankful to have a nice home - my husband and I have worked very hard to put a roof over out heads and are working even harder to keep it there (and I am grateful that we are succeeding).
- I am thankful for my friends - when I am depressed or feeling sorry for myself, or even when I am just looking for someone to share a laugh with, they are there for me no matter what!
- I am thankful for this blog community. I am constantly amazed that people actually read what I write and are kind enough to comment on it.
- I am thankful for the health of my family.
- I am thankful to have a voice and be able to express my opinions no matter what.
I challenge everyone to create their own "Thankful" lists and then come back and leave comments of what you're thankful for, or linking to your list.