The big monkey had a class field trip to The Getty museum. I went with the class. She was SO happy I was joining them. I have a couple of observations from this class field trip:
- Girls are mean - you put a group of girls in the car for an hour and there will be crying, yelling, power plays.
- Boys just want to have fun - you put a group of boys together anywhere and they are just happy forming a posse and hanging out (not matter what they're doing).
- When you have a docent that is excited about being there, the kids and adults are engaged.
- When you have a docent who acts like she picked the short straw, the kids and parents get restless.
- Docents aren't the best at simple math - one thought 19 was a number that was evenly divisible by 2 and the other thought that the 1800's were 800 years ago.
- No matter how old you are, all adults find the word "hoe" funny, will snicker and make crude comments - which thankfully still go over 7 year olds heads.
- At the end of field trips kids are STARVING (even if they have eaten less than 2 hours ago).
After the field trip I went to work. I usually go out with friends on Friday night (my one night to myself) but tonight I caught a quick dinner, just me and my book. This way I made it home before 8pm, got the kids in their jammies, and let them lay in my bed and watch Sky High with me. The monkey's laid on me, one on each side, and were happy and content. SO WAS I.
What a great end to the week.