Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Blind Side

If you haven't seen this movie, RUN TO GO SEE IT! What a great movie.

I went with a friend and her teenage daughter. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

The story is about a boy who is all alone in the world. He gets taken in by a family who make him a part of their family. This boy has had a VERY rough life, but is thankful for every little thing that is done for him. He teaches the family that you don't have to be defined by your surroundings or the past that you have lived. You need to make the best of what you have, and not take for granted the opportunities presented to you.

It's a great teaching movie - especially for teenagers. Humility and perseverance are two big themes in this story; themes that most teenagers have trouble grasping.

In this age of "what have you done for me today" these are lessons that many of us have forgotten. Hopefully this movie will remind those who see it that there is more to life then school, work, cell phones and our own little insulated lives.

Once my monkeys get old enough to understand it, I will sit them down and watch it with them.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It is an awesome movie! And you forgot to mention, in case anyone doesn't know, it's a true story and Michael Ohr is currently a rookie for the Baltimore Ravens.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

I LOVED it too and thought Sandra Bullock did such a good job!

I can't wait to re-watch it with my daughter when it comes out on DVD!

Love the story!

Lucy said...

I can't wait to see this I have heard such good things thanks for posting.