Last night I had to take the 6 year old monkey to the ER. She came in to my bedroom at 12am and by 12:30am was crying so bad that she ASKED to go to the hospital.
Thankfully, even though I live in LA, I live in a suburb with a small hospital about 10 blocks away. We were seen right away!
If any other mom has taken their child to the ER, you know that getting a child to pee in a cup, on command, is an exercise in futility. Especially when that is the body part that hurts/itches!
FYI - what the doctor's forget to tell you is that the antibiotics for a bladder infection strip away ALL yeast, including good yeast. So, it is VERY COMMON to get a yeast infection while fighting a bladder infection. Even on a 6 year old!
Thank G-d, she is fine and using a topical cream and eating lot's of probiotic goodies!
Driving home today, I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders (the 3 hours sleep probably didn't help).
I AM THE MAMA!
- I am responsible for making sure the monkey's are healthy
- I bring the food in to the house (organic fruits, vegetables and meats as much as I can)
- I make sure the husband has the schedule straight on a daily basis as to when to pick them up/drop them off
- I plan the after school activities
- I plan the play dates
- I make sure that doctors are seen for ailments/preventative care
- I kiss boo-boo's
- I SAY NO
- I pack healthy lunches (for the most part)
- I buy the clothes
- When there is a sick/cranky/bratty child I get the stink eye from the family/friends/strangers
No matter what century we are in, I AM STILL THE MAMA!
The PAPA? Wow! He "baby sits" so the Mama can take a 1 hour rest on Sunday mornings - isn't he great! He picks up the monkey's every day - what a good man! He provides - even though the Mama also works!
I love my monkey's more than anything in the world, and cherish them, but I need a WIFE/MAMA!