Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School Supplies

I have a new article up at Examiner.com here.

It's about how to get school supplies for a fraction of the cost you would normally pay for them. I wasn't going to write the article because I figured that everyone knew about the back to school sales in August and September at stores like Staples, Walmart and Target.

Apparently not. This week alone I spoke to at least 10 parents who had no idea that you could get school supplies on sale and that every week new supplies are on sale! In fact, most of these parents pick one store, go in once and get all of their children's school supplies.

Their way saves time, my way saves on average $50! Plus, for me, it's the thrill of the bargain hunt :)

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Thanks for the tidbits. I typically spend all at one store and end up not saving.

Also, I checked out my local Examiner and I'm thinking of applying too as soon as I have a little time in a week or two!!!