Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resolutions

I do not make New Years resolution's. It is an arbitrary day to start a new habit. If I want to make a change I should do so right away, right?

Regardless, January is a new beginning and I have been thinking about a couple of things I want to resolve. Therefore:

  • I will yell less at my kids - my husband brought it to my attention that I yell at the kids - A LOT!! In the moment, I know I am justified (and at times I do it to be heard over their yelling, complaining, zoning out) but its still not right. Today I only yelled once - and it was when they ran in to the bathroom to talk to me, as I was using it.
  • I will be more cognizant of what I eat - I exercise (or at least walk) 3-4 days a week. I'm OK with that. I eat healthy for the most part. However, I snack. And then I am SHOCKED when I gain weight. I also tend to eat out more than I should. And no matter what, my home made food is healthier than what I can buy for lunch.
  • I will take more time for myself - anyone who reads my blog knows that most days I am so busy running around and doing things for the kids, that I spend little time for myself (and when I do it's late at night and/or I feel guilty).
  • I will be thankful for everything I have been blessed with (my family, my health, my families health, my job, the roof over my head).

That's it for now. I hope I can keep these resolutions. I know I will definitely try.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

Good luck with those resolutions!! I've tried not to a make resolutions or, if I do, keep them to myself so no one can call me on it when I cave. LOL