Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Parents

My parents, who I LOVE DEARLY, are here for the weekend. Within the first hour of arriving (via car - my 68 year old mother is now driving on the freeway - GO MOM!), my mother managed to piss me off no fewer than 4 times:

1) She brought apples with her...non-organic apples...why?....my apples don't taste good...um, I go to the farmers market for fresh, organic fruit EVERY Saturday.

2) My mom wanted to look at me to see if I lost or gained weight (roll eyes)...thankfully she approved.

3) My mom brought me an enamel pot to cook in...all my cookware is Calphalon, all-clad or Le Creuset...I don't need her pot!

4) The older monkey was a bit red when me mom saw her...after almost an hour of intense Taekwondo..."whats wrong with her, is she sick?" my mom says!

I'm VERY sure there were more instances but these are just the first ones I though of!

I LOVE my parents, and am very happy they are here, but prey for me that we can all survive these next 3 days without bloodshed!!!

7 comments:

Annette Piper said...

Ah yes, they CAN be frustrating! Just breathe deeply and smile a lot. Three days will go quickly (even though it may not seem like it at the time!).

Sass said...

We sound so much alike...

I'm wishing you strength, patience, and strong whiskey. hee hee.

Lucy said...

Good Luck! Sounds like a looooong weekend ahead of you.

Hey, show her how thrifty you are on shopping, that has to impress her!!!!
Probably not, she would just critique what you bought, right?
I agree with Sass, strong whiskey:)

Kim said...

Tell her to watch it or she won't be invited back! :)

My mother-in-law tried to "give" us a teapot as a "gift" when in reality, she finally admitted she just didn't want to carry one back and forth to our house when she visits - which is about three times a year. We made her take the tea pot home so we didn't have to find a place to keep it, especially since we knew were relocating within a 6 months or so. We did NOT need one more thing to keep track of in a time when we were trying to purge! Good luck!

Joanie said...

Good luck with your visit! I once drove my mom home in the middle of a snowstorm because I had had enough!

I am Harriet said...

I have so been there!
Wow..sounds like my mom.
Good luck.

Unknown said...

You have my sympathies. Take a coupla valium with a glass of wine.. it will be ok. If that doesn't work, I'll pray for your sanity