Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Working Out

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a girl friend and she wondered how anyone could work out hard enough to pass out?! Well tonight I found out.

I am in pretty good shape - I go to the gym, get on the treadmill, take a hard core Zumba class multiple times a week. I joined a new gym for a trial period and was given 4 private training classes thanks to my Amex. Tonight I had my first private training session.

She put me through the ringer. Lunges holding a medicine ball, side lunges holding a medicine ball, free weights, weights on the equipment, ab work, etc... I hate doing workouts half-assed - at least the ones I am paying for (ie personal training, classes I'm paying for). I like to have correct form and to push myself to finish the reps/sets.

I finished the workout. And promptly felt DRUNK. Not the good drunk but the nauseous, shaking, dizzy drunk. I slowly walked out of the gym, got in to my car, drove to the gas station, started filling up and layed my head down on the center console. Then I drove home SLOWLY, praying that I wouldn't pass out.

I guess I now know how a person can pass out/throw up during/after working out..

No comments: