Thursday, October 30, 2008

I think I can..chug, chug, chug

Most days I feel like it's all I can do to just keep chugging along. My routine is set and I just keep going. Until I get exhausted - and still have to do it all! Like every other woman and/or mother I know!

Anyhow, Halloween is tomorrow. We have the costumes - of course, neither of the girls have tried them on, eek!!!!

There's a pot luck at work tomorrow, and the big monkey has her class party after her costume parade. I opted for easy with both. And actually, my main course for the pot luck is going to be easier than the food for the class party!

I decided on chicken wings for the pot luck. I've been reading a great blog, http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/, about a woman who is using her crockpot every day for 365 days, and all her recipes sounds great. She has a couple for chicken wings (one of my favorite foods ever - I could easy eat 2 lbs by myself) and I decided to go with the:

Hoison Chicken Wings

2 lbs frozen chicken wings
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup prepared Hoisin Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic powder (instead of 5 garlic cloves)
2 1/2 tsp. ginger powder (instead of 1 inch of grated ginger)
1 T sesame chili oil
1/8 cup soy sauce (I added this because it seemed to need more liquid)



Use a 6 qt round crockpot for this dish. Dump chicken into crockpot. Add the Hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours ( I cooked over night). Stir well to mix flavors. Cook on high for another 30 minutes.






For the big monkeys' party, I'm doing a fruit plate with fruit that some kids may not have had. There will be persimmons, asian pear, etc... The chopping will take much longer than dumping everything in to the crockpot (which took all of 5 minutes, max). Isn't that always the way?!

No comments: